Saturday 21 March 2009

Welcome

Over 95% of the time, blogging serves one of the following two purposes:

1) To make those with a loud voice (i.e. celebrities) even louder
2) To give those without a voice (i.e. "everyman") a chance to be heard

The other 5% gives those with a quiet voice (i.e. intelligentsia) a chance to be heard more.

When I use the word "voice", I'm not referring to the physical sound, but the intellectual sound.

In other words, the second function of blogging listed above generally gives rise to the type of "noise" that we often see when jumping from blog to blog. A lot of it isn't interesting, isn't worth reading and does't need to be there. The fact that it is there simply helps serve the second purpose of blogging.

There is a mundane aspect to everything in life. Blogging is no exception.

Luckily for you, dear reader, my blog is intended to serve the purpose alloted to 5% of the population.

I have a voice and I want you and many others to hear it.

Why should you listen to me?

Well, after having listened to a lot of people over the years, people with voices that are heard all over the world, I believe that a lot of what these people say is either missing the point or fails to account for something significant, which I intend to bring to light.

Hopefully, by doing this I will be able to offer some sense of conclusivity to the issue at hand.

In other words, the final (final) word.

No comments:

Post a Comment